Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk Blog

My friend Jessica and I walked the Breast Cancer 3 Day walk this September in Seattle and within the first five miles we decided it was something we would do again and again and again. Raising the $2300 for the walk was not easy, by any means, but it is not meant to be easy. It is a struggle, but looking back I know it is nothing compared to the fight the breast cancer patients face upon learning their diagnosis. I, just like those patients, had the support of my family, friends and even strangers. So again we are calling upon all of you to help us raise the funds so we as a community can help fight that fight again. Our team this year is the Nip Cancer Girls, and we are calling upon are fellow artists and creators to help us raise the funds to win the war against cancer. We have started a blog www.nipcancergirls.blogspot.com where we will be featuring many different Esty stores that have donated items for us to sell to raise funds for the walk. Every item sold in our shop will be donated to us free of charge and 100% of the price less listing/paypal fees will be donated to the Susan G. Komen 3 Day walk. Please show your support by shopping our Etsy store and by following us on our blog.

I am also accepting donations via my 3 day website at www.the3day.org/goto/inhonorofcatherine

No comments: