Friday, March 18, 2011

Gluten Free Friday - Mixed Berry Crisp


I decided this week I would do a gluten free dessert because hey, who doesn't like a good treat once in awhile. My mom used to make us Apple Crisp and Blackberry Crisp all the time growing up and I enjoy making it for my kids too.

Mixed Berry Crisp

(Picture coming soon, it's in the oven)


Ingredients


Topping:

2 cups Gluten Free Rolled Oats
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 stick of butter
1 TBS cinnamon

Filling

4-5 cups frozen mixed berries, I used a combo of raspberries, blueberries and marion berries from Costco
2 TBS gluten free all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar (optional)

Combine the topping ingredients in a bowl cutting in the butter until it is in very small chunks.


Mix berries with flour and sugar and pour into baking dish. I used a deep round dish for mine. Cover with topping and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.



Enjoy!
I now invite you to link up one of your families favorite gluten free recipes. And please remember to use my button on the bottom of your post so that others can link up as well.
Mommie of 4 Munchkins
Click below to link up!


1 comment:

Theweddingbandcompany said...

I got allergy from gluten and I love food but because of this gluten I Can't eat some of the things which I want to eat. So I am trying to make gluten free recipes and I try this one also. Its very good.
Gluten Free