Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Picture of Motherhood


When I first read Kirsten's post at We are THAT Family about motherhood it brought back so many memories. With The Fish turning 3 this month I am instantly drawn back to the time of his birth and his NICU stay. The picture above was taken by a nurse who fished my camera out of my backpack. At that point in his stay in the NICU we were not allowed to hold him but had finally been given permission to "cradle" him in our arm. I was so comforted by being able to bond with him in this way and so exhausted from the c-section/stress/lack of sleep that I was out in a matter of minutes. I am forever thankful that his nurse caught this moment on film. In all it's imperfections this picture is perfect. I am forever grateful that we made it through that stay and we now have a lively almost 3 year old *tear* running around our house today.

Mother's day is a bitter sweet time for me as I lost my mom 3 years ago after her long battle with many sicknesses. I am blessed to have had her by my side for 29 years, but still miss her tremendously. She was my rock, my best friend, my mommy!

Happy Mother's Day to all those mom's out there.

Kirsten over at We are That Family is hosting a giveaway that is all about motherhood, check it out.

1 comment:

TheRixonFive said...

*sniff* I love your photo and your story. Found you on We are That Family. So happy for your tiny miracle.