Monday, July 19, 2010

Our Little Cabin in the Woods....


for 2 nights at least. This past weekend we decided that since I totally screwed up the family camping trip by imagining that it was this week instead of last we decided that we would still take the kids camping in the woods and found an opening at Jim Creek Campgrounds in Arlington, WA. It was a great little campground and we had a lot of fun. Thankfully the hubs talked me into only 2 nights because it was plenty for our family. It was just enough to have fun but not too much to get tired of being out of the norm. I loved not having a working phone or computer and just taking time to relax and enjoy my family. My mother in law is visiting us from Alaska and went along with and we just had a blast with Grandma here! So here comes the flood of pictures from our trip!

Grandma with the kiddos at Twin Lakes


The Fish, loving the great outdoors.


Our view of the lakes.


Ky Guy walking the dog.


Ky Guy helping the fish look through the viewer, he LOVED it!


The Hubs and The Fish hiking in the woods.


Ky Guy and Bentley on our family hike


Grandma, Lippy Lou, The Hubs and The Fish


Peek-a-boo Lippy Lou!!


And it was about at this point that I let Lynner talk me into hiking back to camp instead of taking the trail back to the car and riding home. It was an additional 4 miles back to camp and boy was that a LONG trek!! Hiking 4 miles is a lot harder to do than just straight walking and it takes a heck of a lot longer too. I think after all it helped me to stretch out my back, but I continued to be dizzy almost the entire hike but thankfully didn't pass out. My poor mother-in-law kept asking The Hubs if they sound start looking for us because it took so long for us to get back, but we were fine and had a great time, once it was over! Ky Guy and Bentley took the hike with us and Ky Guy kept telling Lynner that she owed us big time for making us hike 4 miles!!

PWEEEEEEEEESE! Oh ok Fish you can have you first soda all to yourself.


Lippy Lou loving some time with Grandma in the swing.


Lynner and The Fish with Grandma!


Here is Ky Guy's "ok fine mom I will smile" smile *rolls eyes*


The Fish testing out the big kids' tent.


I hope you have enjoyed today's post about our camping trip, tomorrow I will show pictures of the fishing adventure from Friday!

No comments: