Monday, August 10, 2009

Extra Sinfully Delicious

What happens when you have a TON of left over Cake Batter French Toast???? You make Cake Batter French Toast Bread Pudding!!

The Soak



Right Out of the Oven


Cake Batter French Toast Bread Pudding

10 Slices of leftover cake batter french toast
3 cups of milk, scalding hot
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 tsp cinnamon
6 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cut french toast into small cubes and place in 9X13 pan. Pour melted butter over it and sprinkle on cinnamon. Combine well. Beat together eggs, sugar and vanilla. Slowly add (temper) the milk into the egg mixture. If you add the hot milk to the egg mixture too quickly you will scramble the eggs. Once the all of the milk has been added to the egg mixture pour over the bread cubes in the pan and let soak for 5 minutes, pressing the bread down into the liquid for maximum soaking.

Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.

The kids got up this morning and when they were told they could not have breakfast they thought I had lost my mind. It wasn't until I had pulled this out of the oven that they understood. They were impressed that mom made them breakfast on a Monday morning! I work from home so normally I am busy working during breakfast time and the Ky Guy (our resident chef) cooks something up for the kiddos. (He made the Cake Batter French Toast)

The original idea for Cake Batter French Toast was found HERE and I shared it with my friend who make it with the confetti cake batter, we will never do plain again!

3 comments:

Miriah said...

You are absolutely brilliant! YUM!!

mommieof4munchkins said...

It was soooooo yummy, absolutely NOT diet food!

Lorie said...

*gasp*

That looks yummy!

And I love that you used confetti cake!! ;D

But I don't think we had any french toast left...I might have to make more next time!