Monday, April 19, 2010

Breast Cancer 3-Day Training Log

This morning my friends and I woke up extra early to get in one last walk together before leaving town to head back home. We got up at 6 am and walked for 3 miles, it was a great way to start my training week and a great way to end a trip full of many different emotions. This weekend I lost another loved one to the terrible C word and it was a bitter sweet trip. My step father lost his fight with bone cancer just hours after I saw him on Friday. I am very grateful that I made it in time to see him and to give him one last hug. I find peace in the fact that he is now able to hug my momma again and that they are able to watch over us all together.

So this year when I walk, I walk not only to fight Breast Cancer but to fight ALL cancer. It is a horrible, ugly, nasty disease that rips apart families and weakens the strongest of men. Frank will be forever missed by my family.

Today's Training Walk - 3.0 miles

This weeks total - 3.0

2010's total - 17.7

(I do realize there was a 3.1 mile jump in here and that is due to the fact that I was out of town and didn't enter a training walk this weekend on Friday evening) ;)

No comments: