Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hail to the Chief......

Or farewell to the thin blooded. So in the Navy there is tradition of having a Hail and Farewell each time a new group of people come to or leave a ship. Along with this tradition there is also the tradition of exchanging gifts, some serious and some not so serious. Last night was The Hubs farewell and in his typical fashion he informs me on Monday night that he has yet to purchase any of his gifts. Sitting at the dinner table talking about not knowing what to do Lippy Lou butts in and says "Ummm HELLO, she's crafty" pointing to non other than myself. The Hubs and I both got a good laugh out of that one! So we tossed a few ideas around and stole an idea from my bff and set off for some serious shopping, have I mentioned that The Hubs HATES shopping??

We ended up with some atomic fire balls, a stuffed squirrel, a play hatchet, a magnifying glass, a map, a horribly flowered button up shirt, some mason jars, a candy bar and some old movies just to name few. After a whirl wind shopping trip we end up back home where I begin to get my crafty on.

Turns out one of the officers on the ship loves Mr. Goodbar so.....


Special thanks to Jess for the great idea, see she was having me cut the vinyl for her shadow box this week and well as you can see I liked it!

And for the poor guy who has to fill in as CHENG until the new guy gets there....



I have to admit that the whole gift card idea was The Hubs but putting it in an old military award folder, that was all me. Here it is complete with the fine print...


So while I am glad and The Hubs is relieved that he won't be going on deployment with his fellow shipmates he sure will miss his crew. He really was fortunate to have a great bunch of guys working for him this tour. Fair winds and following seas!

No comments: