Friday, June 25, 2010

My Heart is Whole Again

Last Sunday I dropped half my heart off at Operation Purple a summer camp for military children dealing with deployment. Today my heart is whole again after retrieving said campers from camp. This was their first experience at summer camp and my first experience having them be away from the house for more than one night. I myself have been away from my children for more than a couple of nights but they were always home safe and sound with daddy and I could speak to them each night.

Just before leaving the kids at camp we saw this awesome "halo" around the sun, something I have never seen before.


My campers crossing the bridge at camp, with their little sis in tow.


For 5 long nights I was not even able to pick up a phone to call and check on them, it was harder than I ever thought it would be, I missed them terribly. The only thing that kept me sane was knowing that they were having a GREAT time. And a GREAT time did they have. We have spent the majority of today talking about all of the fun things they did. I even found out that their fears of having horrible camp food weren't realized. They said they ate very well all week, and that not a single meal was "bad", they absolutely loved everything they were fed! My heart aches for the two boys at camp who lost their father who was overseas fighting for our freedom while they camped at Operation Purple. Their father paid the ultimate price for our freedom and his family needs our prayers in their time of grief.

The Fish was so excited to see Lynner, he had cried for her almost every night at bedtime :(


Ky Guy received the award for Strangest Sleeping Position. He was sleeping on the floor due because the mattresses were lumpy..silly boy!


The Fish did not want to leave his sissie's side!


Lynner with her new friend!



I got up at 6 am today to drive the 3 hours each way to pick up my babies and the drive over was tough because I was very sleepy. The hubs woke up at 4 am very sick and I was unable to fall back asleep after he woke up. So I was running on just 4 hours of sleep but once I had the extra kiddos in the car telling tons of camp stories I was wide away and energized, the Starbucks Double Shot may have had something to do with it also.

Once we got home we spent the entire afternoon on the trampoline just having a blast. Here are some shots of us in action. Ky Guy isn't one for having his picture taken so it's just the rest of us having some good ole fashion fun!

Lynner perfecting the front flip




Lippy Lou having fun.



And while I may be in my 30's I still have it!


And yes I can flip too, can't land on my feet YET but I will!



The Fish is loving the trampoline too!!



Sorry for the picture overload but it has been awhile since I have posted some of the kiddos!

No comments: