Friday, February 5, 2010

Mini Ironing Board and Sweet Knit Headband

So yes I know these two things have nothing to do with each other but I finished them and I wanted to show them off. My BFF found this awesome tutorial on how to turn a fold tray table into a mini ironing board perfect for pressing seams while sewing. I decided to take her advice about putting holes in the tray table before beginning and asked my hubby to do that for me, so he did. He has been asking for "manly" jobs around the house so he actually jumped at the chance to use a power tool. My BFF also read through the comments and saw where someone said using Insul-Brite would help too and since I had some laying around I went ahead and did that too. It was a quick and easy project and will be perfect for all the sewing I am wanting to do!

I also stumbled across the opportunity to test knit this adorable Spring Baby Headband on Ravelry. The author of the pattern is Ravelry member aammyy, the flower that she suggested is by Susan B. Anderson and can be found here. The pattern can be found on her blog Knitwity. This headband is up for sale in my Etsy Store, NipCancerGirls. 100% of the proceeds will be donated to my Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk.



No comments: