Sunday, January 17, 2010

Because They Tug on My Heart Strings....


When I saw this pattern preview by Susan B. Anderson posted on the Spud and Chloe blog I knew instantly that I had to make them for Lippy Lou and Lynner for Valentine's Day. Normally we don't give the kids gifts on Valentine's Day but after I saw these I knew I just had to! So after waiting what felt like WEEKS, even tho it was only days I got started as soon as the pattern was released.

It took me only 4 days to complete both hats, although if I was able to sit and just knit straight it would have only taken me about 1.5 hrs each to knit them. They are so squishy soft and I am planning on making a few more to auction off for my 3 Day Walk in the next few weeks.

Now that I have knit the girls something for V-day I am going to have to come up with something to make for The Fish, Ky Guy on the other hand has expressed that he doesn't want me to knit him anything...silly 12 yr old boys! Perhaps The Fish will get this adorable Zebra Puppet from The Itty-Bitty Knits book.

And speaking of patterns a friend of mine, Kathryn Oates of Tot Toppers, is donating 50% of all proceeds from the sales of 11 of her knitting patterns on Ravelry. For more information check out her blog at http://www.tottoppers.com/2010/01/help-for-haiti.html

No comments: