Saturday, January 30, 2010

Menus and Shopping Lists

I may not have talked about this on my blog before but every pay period I write a menu for the 14-16 days until the next payday, write my grocery list up and head to the store. I do this because it saves me time and it saves my family a lot of money. Not only does it help me to not want to go out to eat every other day but it prevents me from making small grocery trips that end with a $50-$80 bill. So my goal from now on is to share my menu with my blogger friends! The menu is totally flexible although I do try to use the meals with fresh produce in them first for obvious reasons. So for the next two weeks we will be having:

Spicy Tangerine Beef - Weight Watchers in 20 Minutes Cookbook
Olive Gardens Chicken Gnocchi Soup - www.recipezarr.com
Homemade Pizza - www.ourbestbites.com
Italian Bean Soup - Weight Watchers All Time Favorites Cookbook
Mexican Chicken Soup - My friend Kelly shared this with me
Hunan Chicken - Weight Watchers All Time Favorites Cookbook
Tacos
Leftovers
Sweet and Sour Pineapple chicken
- Weight Watchers in 20 minutes Cookbook
Spaghetti
Steak with Asparagus and Pea Risotto
- Weight Watchers All Time Favorites Cookbook
Sloppy Joes - Weight Watchers All Time Favorites Cookbook
BBQ Pork Sammies - Weight Watchers All Time Favorites Cookbook - with Baked Beans
Leftovers
Meat Loaf
- Weight Watchers All Time Favorites Cookbook - with mashed potatoes

You may notice a weight watchers theme here, it's because yes I am trying to lose weight. I am down 10.7 lbs in just 30 days. I have 30 more lbs to go so until then the whole family will be eating meals that I can count points for. In the past I have cooked for the family and eaten a frozen dinner myself. This works for a period of time and I eventually fall off the wagon and gain most if not all the weight back. So this time I am trying to change how we eat as a family and learn about portion control as well as counting my points. I hope and pray this time I can take it off and keep it off.

Right now I am off to put my grocery list in my iphone using
Grocery IQ so I can head to the grocery store and get my shopping done!! If you have an iphone and have never seen the app you should check it out.

Leave comments if you would also like to start seeing my grocery lists ;) If I have enough interest I will start writing those up as well. Heck I can probably even email it to myself from Grocery IQ and copy/paste it here ;)

No comments: