Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dismembered Swine


So I will be the first to admit that I have issues when it comes to starting a project and then not finishing it, so my goal for this year is to finish at least 1 project a month that I started some time ago. I started this here swine in December with the intention of finishing it right away...yeah that so didn't happen. But as you can see from the pictures above and below he is well on his way to being done!! I hope to auction him off to raise money for the Breast Cancer 3 Day I will be participating in this coming October. Hopefully I will have him done by the 31st to keep up with my goal...


Can't wait to show him off in his finished state. He is the very first completed project from Susan B. Anderson's Itty-Bitty Toys...and there are so many others I want to start from that book but soooo many things on my 1/2 done list that need to be completed. Sigh...if only there were 24 more hours in the day one could dedicate solely to crafts.

3 comments:

Erika said...

Okay, I found your blog on Ravelry when I searched for this piggy. I was wondering if you could offer advice. I posted there, too. I am having difficulty in the pattern when I get to the "hoof" part. I have stitches separated. I knit them and it came out backwards (purl side out). The arm was great until that point. Am I to knit the hoof in the round? I assume so since it is separated onto 3 needles. I am wondering how I can get it to NOT be backwards. Thanks for taking the time to read this. I just thought I would ask because I am so stuck it's not even funny! I am *over* due any minute now with baby #3 and I was hoping to finish this piggy while waiting/recovering. :-)

Erika said...

Well, I wanted to tell you that I got my answer on Ravelry. I am so glad to have seen your pictures. They really helped to put things into perspective. Thanks!

mommieof4munchkins said...

Erika, I tried to reply to you twice but your profile doesn't have an email address attached to it. I am glad you were able to get your answers on Ravelry. Next time try sending me a message Via Rav LittleLippyEwe as I would be more than happy to help!